|Printing: All Printers: Not printing correctly
Most printing problems are caused by not having the current printer driver. A few problems are caused by conflicts with high resolution video drivers.
To check the date of the current printer driver in Windows 3.1
2. In the Control Panel window, double-click on Printers.
3. In the Printers window, select the printer you are trying to use.
4. Click the Setup... button.
5. In the printer window, click the About... button.
2. Click on the printer you are trying to use.
3. In the Printer menu, choose Properties.
4. In the Paper menu, click About.
Contact the web site for either Microsoft [Link to web page] or the manufacturer (Hewlett Packard, Canon, Hewlett Packard, Lexmark, Texas Instruments, Epson [Links to web pages]) to see if your printer driver is current. If not, download the updated printer driver. When you install the new printer driver, check the printer manual to ensure that the correct amount of memory is loaded on the printer.
If updating the printer driver does not work
If the test page prints fine
2. Print the netViz file you are having trouble with.
If you continue to have difficulty